Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I hear a wolf at the door!

Hey Everyone,

Well, it looks like Wolfgang is already displaying the familiar characteristics of a Partridge, namely the innate ability to do things in the most awkward fashion known to man! We weren't expecting "the wolf" to come knocking for another 8 weeks, but he seems to have decided that he enjoyed his thanksgiving trip down to Georgia so much that he wants to be born here!

Vicki's water broke yesterday as we were preparing to make the trip back to Asheville, so we now find ourselves camped out in the L&D unit of the Medical Centre of Central Georgia. The doctors have been giving Vicki medicine to stop the labor and buy us some more time. Yesterday was tough for Vicki, as she was having regular and painful contractions throughout the night, however these have now subsided considerably and she has been able to finally get some rest today. You all know Vicki is a very resilient lass, and I am so proud of her for how she has been dealing with everything. My son and I are the luckiest men on the planet.

Wolfgang is currently 8 weeks early, so we obviously want to try and keep him in utero for as long as mother nature will allow us. We are in good hands here as they have a fantastic facility for dealing with "high-risk" births. Wolfgang received some steroids yesterday to help expidite the growth of his lungs, and he seems to be one happy camper (i'm listening to his heartbeat right now, he's doing great). Obviously, this was not quite the plan we had in mind, but both Vicki and Wolfgang are tough cookies so I know we'll pull through.

As for when we can expect him to be delivered, I honestly can't say for sure. It could be anytime between tomorrow and January 27th! We will keep you all posted as and when time allows. We both really appreciate all of the fantastic support that we have continued to receive from our friends and families from near and far. We love you all. Yes, this is a little emotionally charged, but what did you expect?! :)

More soon,

Adam, Vicki & Wolfgang

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bro, Just wanted to say Sara and I are here thinking of you all and wishing you all the best. I will try an call you but imagine you're getting fairly regular calls from all and sundry so GET YOURSELF some rest as well. Best wishes to You, your wife and the impending "Wolf" and I'll speak to you soon :-) Big Love from The Farm xx

Steph said...

We're thinking about you. We know you are in good hands.

Steph & James Griffin

Jill said...

Hi you two! I woke up early and couldn't stop thinking about you and all you're going through. I didn't even know if "Wolfgang" (is that going to be his real name?) had arrived yet! I had my fair share of experience in the intensive care unit when my son was born--not early but with Jaundice. He spent 3 days in a bubble under lights with a blindfold over his eyes while Aaron and I slept on cots right next to him. Eventually I put my hand up and said, "uh, HELLO! I just gave birth over here can anyone get me some freaking tylenol and a donut pillow to sit on?"
I wish I could be there to lend support. I wish I could do anything to help! But I'm sure you're in good hands and I know Vicky is a tough cookie. Just know you're on my mind and I can't wait to hear about the birth of your little boy.

All my love,
Jill, Aaron and Joshua

Unknown said...

Josh and I are thinking about you three and will be checking back to see how things progress. Lots of love to you all XOXO.